This Year's Most Popular Wedding Favors
Well, it’s 2018. Another year means another list of trendy wedding favors. Wedding favors seem to be some of the most talked about but debated aspects of a wedding. While shooting weddings, I hear people talking all the time about how much they love, or sometimes don’t love the wedding favors that are given at the wedding. I know this blog doesn’t necessarily touch on photography, but it seems to be an extremely important topic so I wanted to let you know the most popular wedding favors this year.
As with everything I talk about, it is important that your wedding favors reflect the theme that you are looking for and that they make you happy. It’s important that your wedding favors aren’t done just to impress the people at your wedding. Below are some ideas of what this year’s most popular wedding favors have been, but make sure that if you are going to use some of them, you are making them your own!
- Personalized tile coasters-They sit on everyone’s side tables at their house, and everyone uses them. Does anyone else’s dad still yell at them to use a coaster when you go home to visit? Mine sure does! These are great, because they’re big enough that there is room to make them truly personal and reflective of the theme of your wedding.
- Scrabble Magnets-I had to put these on the list, because they are just so creative. Most people have magnets of some kind on their refrigerator, but I’ve rarely seen personalized scrabble letters. Being that you make words with scrabble magnets, you can get extremely creative with what you make out of these for your guests.
- Coffee Mugs- Sure, you’ve probably seen coffee mugs given as wedding favors in the past. But, they are so useful. Almost everybody I know drinks coffee or tea and always has a use for another coffee mug. Your guests will love that the mugs are personalized and remind them of you every time they use it.
- Popcorn-You can get any flavor you want and decorate the packaging in any way that you see fit. You can make this really personal to the theme of your wedding, and the best part is that your wedding guests will be taking home a delicious snack to remember you by. Remember, the key to the heart is foodJ
- Holiday Ornaments-Want people to remember your wedding? Send them home with a personalized Holiday ornament that they stick on their tree every year. Every year they will remember what a great time they had at your wedding, and they will tell all of their friends about how you gave the best wedding favors of any wedding they have ever been to!
- Water Bottles- Here’s another idea of something that is just flat out useful. Everyone loves another water bottle that they can throw in their car on the way to work or the gym. It’s important to remember when you’re giving wedding favors that people want to take something home from a wedding that they can actually use, and water bottles are a great option for this.
- Mini Champagne Bottles- Okay, you’ve definitely seen these before, but you can never go wrong with alcohol. Nobody will ever get a bottle of champagne and complain about it. Send your guests home with a wedding favor that will make them think of you the next time they go to celebrate with a glass of champagne.
There are literally thousands of different ideas for wedding favors, and these are just a couple of the most popular from 2018. Whatever you decide to use for your wedding favors, there are a couple of important things to remember that will ensure success. The first is to make sure they are true to what you want. Doing anything you don’t truly want at your wedding will only stress you out and make you unhappy, so it’s best to just go with what you actually want to do. The second is to make sure that what you’re using is interesting and useful. Nobody wants to take something home that they are just going to throw away or put into a closet upstairs and never see it again.
I hope this helps you if you’ve been thinking about what to do for your wedding favors. Take these ideas and run with them. If you really like one of the ideas from above, then make it your own and use it. Or, get creative and come up with something completely unique to you! Either way, I know that you are going to kill itJ
Until next time,